Who we are
Our website address is: http://thehouse2homeshop.co.za.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
We may have asked you for personal information, such as your name, telephone numbers and email address when you:
- Joined our mailing list
- Shopped with us
- Entered a competition
- Visited our website.
We retain all information submitted to us via our contact form. This is to ensure that we are able to assist you with any queries you may have in the most effective and efficient manner.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We use the personal information that we collect from you as follows:
- In the normal course of business to administer your account
- To forward you our newsletter
- To communicate special offers and discounts to you
- If you consented, to contact you about special offers from The House2Home Shop
- To maintain the special offer you have taken up with us.
How long we retain your data
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Location information may be used for delivery and billing purposes.
The personal information that we have will be treated as confidential and will not be shared with any third parties unless:
- you have permitted us to do so,
- or we are required to do so by law,
- or we need to share it with our service providers.
- You may request that we amend or update your personal information at any time
- If you request copies of documents containing your personal information, you may have to pay a reasonable fee
- We can refuse to disclose certain information to you or refuse to provide you with documents in terms of the Promotion of Access to Information Act
- From time to time, we may amend this Privacy Statement.
How we protect your data
We have an active SSL Certificate in place that secures and protects your data.